IE8 fails to render site

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support IE8 fails to render site

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Themonic-Support 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

andre

Hi,

I hope you can help me, though I made a few changes to the theme.

My site debinux.de is being rendered wrong in IE8. I checked the demo version to be sure it is not a general theme problem.

Is there any chance to get help with that?

If you need access to the server feel free to tell me. Also I would agree with a payment to fix the style issues.

Best regards

André P.

andre

Nevermind, I am reverting my changes, upgrading to 1.3 and make my changes again. 🙂

andre

Okay, works. By the way, a little recommendation:

The G+ link under the article on the front page (not when you are on the articles site!) seems to always share http://www.domain.tld, not the article URL. I fixed this with by adding data-href on line 89 in content.php:
    <div class=”g-plusone” data-href=”<?php the_permalink(); ?>” data-size=”medium”></div>
    Furthermore the Facebook share-button is wider in German (“Like” vs. “Gefällt mir”). I changed “width:107” on line 79 in content.php to “width:117”. But I don’t know how it looks like in English now.

A problem that still resists is the translation. Like – in example – “Comments” on the front page. I had to change line 26 in content.php to:
    <span>“><?php comments_number(__(‘0 Kommentare’,’themonic’),__(‘1 Kommentar’),__(‘% Kommentare’)); ?></span>
    Else it does not translate to German, though it is in the .po file. This also applies to “Edit”, “Read More”, “Reply” and some other strings. Strange, but not critical.

Regards

Thank you for your recommendations we will look into these for sure.

Just checked your site on IE8, working great now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.