Hide author and "Permalink to %post%"

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support Hide author and "Permalink to %post%"

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Missprint 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

them8z

Hey guys. I got two questions about your Iconic One pro theme.
    First question: How can I hide the author from all posts?
    Second question: How can I hide the “Permalink to %post%” when hovering over a posttitle on the homepage?
    Help would be appreciated.

Hi,

To remove the permalink text from titles:

Go to content.php line 21 and

replace line 21 with the following line

<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" rel="bookmark"><?php the_title(); ?></a>

For hiding author refer:

How to disable display of author

them8z

Thank you, it does exactly what I wanted!

Missprint

i am trying to create a child theme – sounds easy but where is the wp-content/themes directory, is it in dashboard – having used programmes like sitebuilder i have no idea of wordpress and iconic one pro – but paid out for pro and bought the 5th edition of wordpress for dummies and the all in one wordpress for dummies, paid out for Wowslider (that doesn’t work in wordpress!) and so much for drag and drop to build a wesite (NOT A BLOG)

BUT 14 hour days with more to do !!! – I didn’t realise the complexity of it all, have posted questions and can’t even find them – let alone the answers
    I am not a blogger, and have built 8 really nice websites in sitebuilder. Fix everyones I know computer but i can’t make a child theme of iconic one pro…
    someone please explain (simply) – or can I just download one PLEASE and install it.
    thanks
    missprint

Download the Ready made child theme for Iconic One Pro from the page below and install it as a new theme

Download Iconic One Pro Child Theme for Customization

To get proper support you have to create your own thread, you are asking this in someone else thread. Imagine everyone asking different questions in a same thread? If you ask questions in wrong places and in other people threads of course you won’t be able to find them later.

Missprint

Thank you so much, it really is simple when you know how, I don’t know about threads yet, but I will learn, flying blind is not easy – so thanks again.
    Missprint

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.