Social media sharing buttons in Iconic One Pro

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support Social media sharing buttons in Iconic One Pro

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  alpha9themonic 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

alpha9themonic
    Participant

Hello,

I am looking at the section titled “How to setup Social Media sharing buttons in Iconic One Pro?” in online documentation.

I would appreciate your guidance on three issues:

1) Where can I find documentation on modifying the LAYOUT of the social media sharing buttons in blog archive pages and individual posts?

2) How do I go about ADDING the social media sharing buttons to PAGES that use specific templates?

3) How do I go about REMOVING the social media sharing buttons from POSTS using specific categories?

Thanks,
    Sam

Hi Sam,

1) Layout modification comes under customization, if it is something small please ask.

2) You have to compare content-page.php to the templates in the page-templates folder. But, no reason that you have do to all that. We will implement in the upcoming version.

3) You have to wrap inside !is_cateogory function.

is_category()

Please email [email protected] if you want to get it done under custom work.

alpha9themonic
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Taking the items in the same order

1) My understanding is Iconic One Pro provides social sharing buttons on individual blog posts only. It does not provide social sharing buttons on blog archive, category archive or tag archive pages. Also Iconic One Pro supports sharing buttons for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest. Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

2) That’s great. Would you happen to have a tentative time estimate on when this upgrade would become available? Is it likely in 2017 or is it a next year item?

3) This is helpful. Thanks much for the suggestion.

Sincerely,
    Sam

1) Yes

2) Should be November last week or earlier

alpha9themonic
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I look forward to the next version of Iconic One Pro.

Best regards,
    Sam

alpha9themonic
    Participant

Hello,

I am revisiting this thread on Social media sharing buttons.

I know we have had a few updates to Iconic One Pro since last September.

Can you please tell me which of the following features are enabled in the latest version of Iconic One Pro? (That is, they do not require developer expertise to implement.)

1) Modify LAYOUT of social media sharing buttons in blog archive pages and individual posts.

2) ADD social media sharing buttons to PAGES using specific templates.

3) REMOVE social media sharing buttons from POSTS using specific categories.

4) Option to share website content via Linkedin.

Thanks much,
    Sam

1) Depending upon your modification requirement it will require custom work.

2) All page templates currently supports the social sharing buttons available in theme settings.

3) It will require custom work.

4) Please refer https://themonic.com/forums/topic/linkedin-share-option/

For custom work, kindly email to [email protected] with work details for quote.

alpha9themonic
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your detailed reply.

I shall let you know if customization work is required.

Best regards,
    Sam

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.