Removed for jquery/jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support Removed for jquery/jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Themonic-Support 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

DhirajK
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to optimize my website, and so far, I have managed to fix most issues.

wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1 this file gets loaded in browsers all the time, and I am not exactly sure if I need it to get my site rendered properly.

I entered the below code in the functions.php file to completely remove jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1.

/** * Completely Remove jQuery From WordPress */
    function my_init() {
    if (!is_admin()) {
    wp_deregister_script(‘jquery’);
    wp_register_script(‘jquery’, false);
    }
    }
    add_action(‘init’, ‘my_init’);

Now google page speed (PSI)showing no error in testing. All problems are gone, but one issue arises. The theme layout is not opening properly on mobile. The desktop is fine. All plugin deactivated for testing.

I think iconic-one-pro is using jQuery for header layout. If the answer to the question above is “yes”, can you please suggest a proper way to remove (unload in frontend) jquery.min.js file.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Dhiraj Jha

Hi,

jQuery is referenced at Line 97 of functions.php containing

wp_enqueue_script('themonic-mobile-navigation'

It is required for mobile navigation. It is not recommended to remove it and if you do want to remove it then custom code has to be written to handle mobile view so it won’t look weird.

Please note that jQuery is a required file for WordPress for proper functioning of many plugins, its size is only 15KB.

Please contact us at [email protected] for custom work as it is not covered under free support.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Removed for jquery/jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1’ is closed to new replies.