Post page with full width?

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support Post page with full width?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Themonic-Support 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ervhun

Hi,
    I use a “static” frontpage, and my post page is redirected to one blank static page (title: “news”). When I set thihs “news” page from “default template” to ” Full-width Page” template, the sidebar shown, and do not disappear. When I remove all widgets from Footer Widget Two, some unwanted widgets come up on right sidebar (pages, tag cloud, etc.).

Its possible to make the post page to full width, without any sidebar?

thank you,
    Ervin M.

You do not have permission to view this content.

ervhun

Hi,
    thank you, I did it, but it give the same result. The post-page still be two-columns-page. Unfortunatelly the full-width-template works for me only with non-post-pages / “static pages” / selfmade pages.

Its weird, when the second widget-aera is empty, some unwanted widgets come up on right sidebar: search field, “rcent posts”, Pages (list of pages), WP deafault Tag cloud.

When I put one widget to this 2. widget aera (Archives), then all unwanted widgets will be disappear, and shown only the right one (Archives).

I use the Iconic pro child theme, its the problem?

Ervin M.

ervhun

I tested now this problem on my earlier website (based on themonic theme), and there is the same result. Maybe this full-width-page-template has no ability to work with the post-page?

Maybe you can test it on your local system?

thank you
    Ervin M.

You do not have permission to view this content.

ervhun

Hi,
    without child theme on two different WP sites (both with Iconic pro Theme), I see the same result. For post pages and index (post list) page is the full width page template is unuseable. Has no effect.

I tested one other WP site with no themonic theme, there is full width template for pages avaiable too.. On this site i has the same result: post pages and post index page still be two-columns-page. Page template has no effect on post pages.

I read about this on WP support sites, so I think it is unpossible, that page-template has any effect on post page on your system (“Full width template is working fine at my end”). (?)

I resolved this problem manual, via editing in your single.php and index.php.

line 12.: <div id=”primary” class=”site-content” style=”width:96%; padding-right:3px;”>

line 74.: <?php // get_sidebar(); ?>

Ervin M.

As you have already figured out, it is not a problem with the theme but with your setup. This might have something to do with a third party plugin.

Try the following to troubleshoot:

1) Disable your unused plugins and see if the issue you are facing is gone.

2) Disable the remaining plugins one by one to see which one is causing such issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.