Post Format

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support Post Format

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ewormald 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ewormald
    Participant

I’ve just switched from wordpress.com to a self hosted site running Iconic One Pro as the theme. I imported my blog and most everything seems to be correct except for one post I’m struggling with. The format seems to have switched to being an image – the text in the post is not showing up in the published version only a single image from the post. I double checked the format in my wordpress.com site and it was published as standard. I don’t see a format box in the edit post screen in Iconic One Pro. Is there a way I can confirm the post type and switch it to standard or text if indeed it is formatted as an image?

thelowlander
    Participant

I’m not too knowledgeable and I’m just a customer like you, so please forgive me if this is incorrect or confusing, but I read that an image in a post is really just an attachment post with an image in it.

So reading what you typed I’m guessing your blog is not showing up the post, but the attachment/child post. That would be the reason why the text from the post doesn’t show up, because the parent post (the actual post you want) is skipped and the child post (the image in the parent post) is shown instead.

I read it in the first section here:
    http://ottopress.com/2011/photo-gallery-primer/

Hope that helps a bit.

You do not have permission to view this content.

ewormald
    Participant

Thanks for the tip. I had tried to re-copy the post but it was still showing up as an image only. I created a new post and copied the original post into it and then posted it and it worked! Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.