How do I use the standard more-tag for posts

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support How do I use the standard more-tag for posts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  torreich21 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

torreich21
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’m pretty sure you can help me with this: in the standard WordPress themes, it’s possible to customize the excerpts of blog posts by using the more-tag (position and anchor-text). In the Iconic One theme, that is not possible anymore. Instead it cuts of all my posts after the same number of words and uses the same anchor text (read more) for all of them. What could I do to remove this restriction and use the standard more-tag customisation feature from WordPress again?
    Regards

To show full article instead of excerpts on home page:

Go to content.php line 52 (line 50 in latest version)

<?php if ( is_home() || is_search() || is_category() || is_tag() || is_author() ) : // Display Excerpts for Search, home, category and tag pages ?>

Replace that line with

<?php if ( is_search() || is_category() || is_tag() || is_author() ) : // Display Excerpts for Search, category and tag pages ?>

After doing this you will have to manually use the more tag to break posts for home page.

————
    Iconic One Pro uses excerpts by default for a uniform layout display and to save the trouble of using more tag manually each time. By using the code given above you can have the manual control you want.

torreich21
    Participant

Great, thanks for your quick reply. Your solution is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.