Crop Thumbnails on Index Page

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support Crop Thumbnails on Index Page

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rhys 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rhys
    Participant

I’m trying to figure out how to control the crop on the featured/thumbnail images that accompany the post excerpt on the index page. I have adjusted the excerpt-thumbnail in Iconic One to be 1:1 (150×150). In the Media Library, I have cropped just the thumbnail to show only a section of the image. What I hoped to be able to do was have the cropped thumbnail as it appears in media library used on the index page, but this isn’t happening. I get the thumbnail of the correct size, but it’s always a center crop of the original image, not the image thumbnail.

Don’t know if I needed to, but I did regenerate thumbnails after cropping in the media library. I also cleared the browser cache (working on Mac-Safari) Should I be able to make this work the way I want? Is there another approach?

Thanks.

You do not have permission to view this content.

rhys
    Participant

Thanks. This got rid of the center crop, but it also got rid of my square thumbnails. I originally had it set to ‘true’ to honor a 150 x 150 crop.

You do not have permission to view this content.

rhys
    Participant

Thanks – I’ll do as you suggest. I had actually started cropping on the computer and uploading, but wondered if there was a way to upload an image only once – the thumbnail is usually a section of some other image in the post.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.