Child theme – Why and How to fix it?

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support Child theme – Why and How to fix it?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  WidiN 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

WidiN
    Participant

hi, I used the Child theme and Iconic one pro version 2.9.9 as the parent theme. Everything was oke and perfect until I installed 2.9.9.2.

When I activated 2.9.9.2 there appeared a message basically saying that the child theme was broken; it was installed but incomplete because the parent theme could not be found. How come?

Now I installed the 2.9.9 version, but still I could not get the child theme back. I decided to delete the child theme, and then I installed it back. But still the same message appeared: broken theme.

Thanks

Child themes are picky about the names, if you download the zip file two times it will be named zip(1) then it could fail.

Make sure you do not activate the parent theme, only install. If you activate the parent theme it will show child theme as broken. To update a parent theme you must deactivate child theme first.

So, Disable child theme, make sure you only upload iconic-one-pro.zip and and after installation do not click activate, go back to themes dashboard and only activate the child theme.

WidiN
    Participant

Got it. Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.