Breadcrumbs and social sharing on pages

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support Breadcrumbs and social sharing on pages

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Geddie 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Geddie
    Participant

Hi,

For my website, I’m only using pages, not posts. The social sharing options and breadcrumbs don’t seem to be working for my pages. I tried making a post, and they do work on posts.

How can I enable breadcrumbs and social sharing options on pages?

Thanks in advance,

Guido

Edit: Also, somehow my featured images for my pages now show up at the start of the page in full size. How do I get rid of that?

You do not have permission to view this content.

Geddie
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

social on pages
    Followed the instructions to the word, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference.
    Note: I do have all social options switched on.

Breadcrumbs
    I got the breadcrumbs to work following the instructions. However, I don’t think they’re working correctly. They’re just showing the following:

Home » Page

What I want them to show is:
    Home » Parent page » page

Also, they only show on the default page template, not on the full-width page, which is what I’m using on most of my pages.

Featured images
    I’ve got the option switched off, but the featured image still shows. Maybe because this is on a page as well, instead of on a post?

A new update v1.4.8 has been released with support for breadcrumb and social sharing on pages, download from

Member Login

You don’t have to do any code editing now. It all works out of the box.

About featured images on page, just remove the featured image from the page edit window. Why set it if you don’t want it? or am I missing something?

The option in settings is for posts only.

Geddie
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the updated version. Breadcrumbs and social sharing now work the way I wanted for my pages!

I set the featured image, so that when you click on a category, the image is shown for every page in that category. I don’t want it to show up when viewing the page itself, as I display my pictures in a slider.

Edit:
    One more thing. I prefer the look of the search bar in the free version over the one in PRO. How can I make the search bar look the way it does in the free version?

Edit2:
    Is it possible to disable breadcrumbs on my homepage?

You do not have permission to view this content.

Geddie
    Participant

Got everything to work, thanks. Will start a new thread for the search bar.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.