shrinking overall site width – all templates

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support shrinking overall site width – all templates

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  darcym 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

darcym

I’m looking at the possibility of reducing the overall width of the whole iconic-one-pro 1.2 theme to around 900px.

normally this is quite a trivial task with less complete themes, however iconic-one-pro is quite a full and complicated theme, so finding out the actual over all width is controlled and the ramifications of the layout divs under the overall size seems a lot more complicated than I’m used to dealing with.

I’ve had a look around and can’t see the best way to do this.

I guess it’s best if I layout my questions clearly.

1.) is it possible to safely reduce the overall width of the template ?

if so

2.) how do I do it, as I can’t actually see where the overall site width is set, and I’m concerned that any changes I make may have negative impact on the divs that are children to the overall size as I’m not confident all divs are worked out on %

This may seem a simple request for info, but because I don’t see where the actual overall width is set, I’m a bit cautious.

Iconic One Pro is 100% responsive which means it is very easy to change the width. It’s safe too.

Paste the following code in custom.css to lock max width at 900px.

.site {
        max-width: 900px;
    }

it is line 1758 of style.css if you wish to modify it directly.

darcym

fantastic support,

thank you very much

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.