HTML format in each posts at top page are lost..

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support HTML format in each posts at top page are lost..

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hiroshifuruta 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

My blog top page of posts are not shown in HTML format but in plain text.
    Each blog posts can bee shown successfully in HTML.
    What is happen?
    In case I changed my page theme from Iconic One Pro to others, My top page are shown in HTML format.
    How to fix this HTML format issue?
    Hiroshi Furuta

Hi Hiroshi,

Could you show us this HTML issue on your website? please provide complete details so that we can help you.

Hi,

Thank you reply.
    Our web pase is here.
    http://plasma.eng.kochi-tech.ac.jp

Hiroshi Furuta

What should I look for in there?, everything appears normal to me. Am I missing something?

At the top page, HTML tag seems to be ignored,
    as follows.
    “We will have oral and poster presentations in the 74th JSAP Autumn meeting 2013 at DOSHIHA univ. on 16th – 19th Sept. Please join and discuss with us. test1 test2 test3”

I think It should be shown as follows.

We will have oral and poster presentations in the 74th JSAP Autumn meeting 2013 at DOSHIHA univ. on 16th – 19th Sept.

Please join and discuss with us.

1. test1
    2. test2
    3. test3

I got it.

This is because the home page displays Excerpts
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Excerpt.

It is set to cut off of posts after 70 words with a Read More link.
    You can use the more tag from the WP editor screen to cut posts before that if you like, else write normally with few amount of words in the first para so that all extra things come after 70 words. Besides, if excerpts were to show HTML content the home page layout will look uneven.

Another solution for you:
    You can display full posts on home page with HTML using the below edit:

Open Content.php

Go to line 50

<?php if ( is_home() || is_search() || is_category() || is_tag() || is_author() ) : // Display Excerpts for Search, home, category and tag pages ?>

Replace that line with

<?php if ( is_search() || is_category() || is_tag() || is_author() ) : // Display Excerpts for Search, category and tag pages ?>

Now full posts with HTML will show on homepage, if you want to break posts – use the more tag.

It worked fine to show the top page in HTML format,
    as you showed,
    <?php if ( is_search() || is_category() || is_tag() || is_author() ) : // Display Excerpts for Search, category and tag pages ?> in content.php at line 50.
    Thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.