Featured Image Size

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support Featured Image Size

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KenTaiwan98 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

stepchook
    Participant

Would someone be able to tell me what the recommended featured image size is for posts in Iconic One Pro, please?

Set featured images with minimum width 665px. Theme will auto generate appropriate images it needs for thumbnails in home, sidebar and slider.

KenTaiwan98
    Participant

Useful… but wonder if you could tell me where I can set the minimum width for the featured image. I know it’s not a setting because I can’t find it…

I’m using it for a photoblog, and would like the featured images larger 600px sounds about right!

Thanks!
    Kenneth
    @ LookThroughTheLens.com

You can change it from line 46 in functions.php. You have to change the number 665 and then regenerate thumbnails using

Regenerate Thumbnails

KenTaiwan98
    Participant

Thank you, I found it.

add_image_size('excerpt-thumbnail', 658, 300, true); // Sets Index Page Thumbnails
    add_image_size( 'themonic-thumbnail', 60, 42, true); // Sets Related and Recent Posts Thumbnails
    add_image_size( 'ioslider-thumbnail', 658, 300, true); // Sets Slider Thumbnails

I changed the excerpt-thumbnail to the same size as ioslider, and then started the regenerate. I’ll fix the errors manually. One tip: turn off all the other plugins, and you won’t get so many errors! The plugin itself is very robust, and will pick up where it left off.

Thanks for the great support!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.