WordPress 5.0 and Gutenberg ??

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support WordPress 5.0 and Gutenberg ??

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Themonic-Support 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

WMHCheryl
    Participant

How will the WordPress 5.0 upgrade with Gutenberg effect the Iconic One Pro theme? I have heard some themes will have a problem?

Is there anything we should do to prepare for this major change? Will all our custom CSS be lost?

Is there somewhere that lists the dates and versions of Iconic One Pro so that I can check to see if I am up to date?

Thanks.

The upcoming WordPress upgrade should work fine with our themes out of box, if there is any issue then we will issue theme update accordingly, so you have no reason to worry 🙂

Your custom CSS should remain as it is. But, you should always have your custom CSS backed up.

Some tips before you Upgrade WordPress:

– Don’t upgrade on day 1, in fact wait at least 7-10 days.
    – Browse the official forums to check if people are having any issues with the theme and plugins that you are using before upgrade.
    – If it is not a WordPress security upgrade, you can wait even longer depending upon how bad you want the latest features.

The most up to date changelog.txt can always be found inside the iconic-one-pro.zip file downloaded from the member area. Current latest version is 2.2 released on 12th April, 2018.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.