gallery using featured images that link to posts/categories

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support gallery using featured images that link to posts/categories

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Themonic-Support 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

thelowlander
    Participant

Hello, I’m trying to setup a “dynamic, masonry” gallery by using featured images of individual posts. These galleries could then be sorted out by category, and when a user clicks on an image, it would go to the post where that image was posted in.

I have 2 websites:
    – thelowlander.org
    which still uses the free version of iconic one so I don’t have to worry about messing things up just yet
    – divemore.org
    which uses iconic one pro and I can use this one to mess around as much as I want.

Right now, thelowlander.org has 3 sections in the gallery: Design, 3D, Doodles. These would become obsolete, and I’d just use categories (with parents) to separate stuff.
    Such as: (parent category) Travel (child category) Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Australia
    or: (parent category) Design (child category) sketching, architecture, photography, 3D character, Work In Progress

Initially I went looking for gallery plugins, but I tested a bunch that didn’t seem to be able to do this, and then found a post that states that this functionality is already within wordpress:

http://ottopress.com/2011/photo-gallery-primer/

It involves creating a custom image.php file. I’m using a child version of iconic-one-pro on divemore.org, and would like to try it there first.
    I’m no coder, and the techniques are for a much older version of wordpress.

Here’s an example of how this would look in a blog:
    http://ma.tt/gallery/

1. Would it be possible to adopt the style of blog (big featured image, smaller thumbnail images for several other images in the post) in iconic one pro?

2. Would it be possible to incorporate the featured images into a kind of gallery that automatically updates depending on what category you have selected/clicked?

You do not have permission to view this content.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.