Change share link and subscribe to comment replies

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support Change share link and subscribe to comment replies

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ambistudent 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ambistudent
    Participant

1) The social sharing buttons that come with the theme take mobile users to a sign in page on facebook/twitter/etc, and then users have to sign in using username and password to tweet, like, and share.

I want to get rid of this hurdle for reader to engage with my posts. I have deep links which will allow users to open the facebook or twitter page in the app on their phone. Is there a way I can have people who click the “like” or “tweet” button redirect to these links?

2) The second question I have is, how can I have users subscribe to comments without installing a plugin? I would also like a checkbox asking if users would like to subscribe to the blog as well.

1) Unfortunately, it may not be possible.

2) You have to use a plugin for comments subscription. This seems to be the best plugin for this purpose https://wordpress.org/plugins/subscribe-to-comments-reloaded/

or use Jetpack subscription module which has both options.

ambistudent
    Participant

Okay thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.