Change color of category list in widget to link blue?

Home Forums Iconic One Pro Support Change color of category list in widget to link blue?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  WMHCheryl 8 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

WMHCheryl
    Participant

Hi
    I am very new to WordPress and just upgraded to Pro version of iconic one to try and get more control over my site’s appearance.
    Offgridhomesteadprepper.com
    I am trying to change the color of the text of the Categories list from my widget on the sidebar. I want the text to be blue so people know if is linkable/clickable. This was the default in my last theme so I liked the way it looked.
    On the forum here I found this code go put in custom CSS
    a {
    color: #0000FF;
    }
    I added that but nothing happened. I suspect that code will only affect the links in the body of my posts and pages (which is cool since that will save me time on future posts if it works).
    I looked thru the php files but where as there are a few widget files, I didn’t see one for categories just the one huge category php where I am guessing this control might be buried.
    I am sure hoping I don’t have to mess with any php files because I will have to figure out how to do a child theme then correct?
    Thanks for any assistance and please dumb it down for a newbie like me.
    Cheryl

After installing Simple Custom CSS plugin, Use this code in Appearance -> Custom CSS

.widget-area .widget a {
        color: #0099ff;
    }

WMHCheryl
    Participant

OMG !! It worked perfectly !!! Thanks a million! You guys are awesome!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.